Need a Lawyer? We can help!
Finding your way through the legal system is difficult. Many people don’t know where to turn when a legal problem arises. For nearly 150 years the Milwaukee Bar Association has helped people navigate through the legal process to ensure that all in the community have access to justice.
Our most successful community program is the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS). The LRS is a FREE over the phone referral service for anyone that has a legal question or is seeking to obtain legal counsel.
This is a free service to anyone needing assistance in the greater Milwaukee county area.
How the program works
- Our trained interviewers assess the caller’s situation and determine the most appropriate way to proceed
- The caller is then either referred to a LRS panel attorney, government agency or community resource, depending on the nature of the legal problem.
- If the caller is referred to an attorney, the first half-hour of the attorney-client consultation will cost no more than $20.00.
- THIS IS A FREE SERVICE. LRS does not charge callers for information or referrals. All calls are treated confidentially.
The LRS has been in operation for over 60 years. We take over 20,000 calls annually and refer over 8,000 calls to attorneys and community agencies. We assist people everyday with their legal problems and help point them in the right direction.
The MBA Lawyer Referral Service provides attorneys in the Following counties:
Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, Ozaukee and Waukesha counties.
Attorneys are available in just about every area of law from Adoption to Zoning. Call 414-274-6768 orCLICK HERE.
Have a question or need some legal guidance?
Post your question to the MBA's LRIS E-vice blog and get a response from an attorney within 1-2 days!
Join the LRS Panel!
Looking to build your practice? Looking to start a new one? We can help!
Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is a non-profit public service of the Milwaukee Bar Association.
The LRS provides a community service to all who contact us in selecting the appropriate resource for their legal problems.
- Annually the LRS makes 8,000+ referrals to panel attorneys.
- The LRS annually generates two million dollars in client fees for panel attorneys.
- Attorneys may register in any specific categories of law, and also indicate if they are available for weekend or evening appointments, if they speak a foreign language and if they are licensed to practice in another state. There are experience level requirements to sign up for certain practice areas, and proof of insurance to be eligible to be on the panel
- Referrals are issued by computer rotation by category of law, location, and languages spoken.
- LRS interviewers do not refer every call to an attorney. Clients go through a screening process. It is then determined if they can be referred to an attorney or should be referred to a community resource.
Click here for LRS Rules & Registration Information | Panel Member Newsletter
For more information please contact Britt Wegner 414.276.5931 or fax us at 414.276.4180